Since 1925, Boulevard Presbyterian Church has grown from “the little white church” on the corner of Northwest Boulevard and Second Avenue, to become home for the people of Grandview Heights and beyond who seek to live out their faith in worship, mission and fellowship.
Boulevard Church provides many programs, activities, and educational opportunities for the people of our congregation and our community. We seek to provide members the knowledge and faith that will enable each of us to minister to others. And through the years, Boulevard continues to grow in its demonstrations of concern for the community and its mission to the world.
Today, we think of Boulevard Presbyterian Church as a long established part of our community. However, Boulevard had its beginnings in the 1920’s, when the Grandview-Arlington community was a fast-growing suburban area. God called committed individuals to provide a church home in this growing community. As a result, the “little white church” was built on our present site, and was dedicated to God’s glory on November 15, 1925.
Following the end of the Second World War, the growth of Boulevard required the expansion of our facilities. The white frame church was moved to the rear of the lot, as work in the new sanctuary was started in June, 1950. Construction was completed on the sanctuary in December, 1951. The relocated white frame church was used as the Christian Education Building until 1958, when work on the current education wing was begun.